On Friday, May 12, at 4 p.m. Zoomya.tv (Turkey) will host a discussion about the mission of the Maidan Museum, as described in the monograph by social anthropologist Giovanni Ercolani "The Maidan Museum: Preserving the Spirit of Maidan. Art, Identity and the Revolution of Dignity".
The topics of the discussion are:
- the relationship between art and politics,
- revolutionary creativity, the myths and symbols of Maidan and their representation in the museum,
- how Maidan influenced the Ukrainian identity and the role of the Maidan Museum in its further formation,
- commemorative practices of the Maidan Museum.
The program moderator is Olena Goroshko – Prof., HabDoc in Sociology and Linguistics, Internet Studies Scholar and Researcher.
Program guests are:
- Chris Farrands – Professor in the Political Science department at Nottingham Trent University- Clifton, UK
- Yuriy Lutsenko – Ukrainian politician and statesman, military officer, Prosecutor General of Ukraine (2016–2019). Former member of the National Security and Defense Council (2005–2006, 2007–2010, 2016–2019). Member of Parliament of Ukraine of the IV, VI and VIII convocations Twice Minister of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine (2005–2006, 2007–2010). Active Participant of Maidan.
- Ihor Poshyvailo – PhD in History, General Director of the Maidan Museum (Ukraine), Vice-President of ICOM-DRMC, Coordinator of the Heritage Emergency Response Initiative (HERI).
- Andrii Dligach – Dr. Prof. Head, Coalition of business-communities for modernization of Ukraine. Head, Advanter Group, Founder, international business-community Board. Co-Founder, Center for economic recovery Coordinator, Ukraine. Civil HQ of Maidan.
- Igor Torbakov – Professor of History, University of Uppsala, Sweden.
The language of the event is English.
Submitted on 2023 05 11, 12:22