On January 20, 2016, the Ministry of Justice registered a new institution — Memorial Complex to the Heavenly Hundred Heroes — Museum of the Revolution of Dignity. The Maidan Team, which has been working on the creation of the Maidan museum since 2013, has continued to work in its new, now official, status.
Today we are 6 years old! Let's recall some of our achievements of the last year:
- In 2021, we had over 400 thousand visitors in our offline events and online resources. Our visitors came from 34 countries. We organized 28 exhibitions and 202 events. We recorded 120 new interviews on the topic of the Revolution of Dignity with historians and eyewitnesses.
- In the past 12 months, our funds received 731 objects, and our collection "MAIDAN IN BOOKS" — 141 new editions. We digitized 1250 units from the museum funds.
- We added 5060 historical pictures and 3205 other documents to our e-archive;
- This year, we also initiated the creation of the Ukrainian Coalition of Remembrance, which now includes ten organizations.
- We are working for you. We invite you to visit our locations:
• Gallery of Protest Art
• Library of the Maidan Museum
• Information and Exhibition center of the Maidan Museum
And now about our big, long-awaited goal.
In 2021, after procedural delays (which we had no control over), we signed an agreement on the free transfer of copyright to the Design project for the Maidan Museum with the winners of the International Competition, which ended in 2018. After that, the tender documentation was developed, and the General designer was determined at the open bidding. Now you can see the progress in geological and geodetic work across the upper exit from the "Khreshchatyk" metro station.